Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Frugal (or thrifty??) crafter

Since almost all the card making supplies come from US, hence consequently the price also way beyond from its nature. Therefore I always look forward if those item can be replaced by DIY one :).

Thanks to Mr Google, I found out how to make your own baker's twine and how to make your own glimmer mist beside my handmade stamp. So this is what I came out with.

Tadaaaaa, my handmade baker's twine.

Need to apply the marker longer on the twine so will get even color all way long.
And my handmade glimmer mist. I changed the materials a bit from the video since I didn't have pearl or metallic acrylic paint and mod podge, but I DO have pearl glue. So here it is, just add water (warm water is better so the solution will mix thoroughly) and the glue in the spray bottle ( I bought in Mr D.I.Y for just RM 0.90),shake it until all the glue dissolved in the water, and voilaaaa, you have your own glimmer mist.




Pardon the camera quality and the lighting, but I'm very satisfy with the result
The only problem is the opening of spray nozzle is too big so it created big droplets. Need to find good spray bottle now.
So, do you have some way to make something on your own?. Share it with me, I will be more than glad to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm this is clever ideas, would you mind share some link how to make tine by self. Sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think?